Housed in a bright airy space with a courtyard shared with BackHome Hostel, LOKL Coffee Co. is a coffee shop like no other. Located at the historic heart of Kuala Lumpur, Jalan Tun H.S Lee, LOKL (pronounced ‘local’) serves freshly brewed coffee, hot sandwiches and a carefully curated collection of cakes and pastries.
Quoting LOKL’s mission in serving their customers with “good food – plain and simple; Nothing too fancy – just casual dishes to linger over with friends, fill the stomach just right, or cheer yourself up when you’re feeling down.” Trust us, you would find this laidback café to be the place for you to hang out with friends, fill the empty stomach or simply sit down to eat and read.
Where’s What favourite dishes at LOKL Coffee Co.:
1. Messy Pulled Beef Burger: Robust with savoury and barbeque flavours. Slowly cooked for hours in barbeque sauce till tender and juicy, served pulled on burger bun with salad on the side. Do opt to add on cheese, which pairs well with the meat!
2. Homemade Quiche: Hearty homemade quiche rich with chicken chunks, chicken ham and mushroom. We were told that Cheryl Samad (a popular Malaysian celebrity) bakes the quiche herself every day!
1. Coffee Bon Bon: Two shots espresso with a shot of condensed milk, this Italian coffee mixes well with Malaysian flavour. The bold and strong espresso matches perfectly with the sweet and creamy Malaysian condensed milk.
2. Passion Fruit Flavoured Tea: The blend of Passion Fruit, Lime and Honey flavours burst in your mouth unexpectedly but pleasantly, leaving you wanting more of it!
1. Panna Cotta: Simple and straight forward dessert. The combination of milk, sugar, vanilla and gelatine creates silky and smooth custard-like dessert.
2. Crème Brulee: LOKL version of this “burnt cream” is terrific! The moment the spoon cracked the layer of burnt sugar, a sweet creamy smell emerged. With fine dose of vanilla, LOKL’s interpretation of Crème Brulee is not overly sweet yet filling, making it the perfect to end to a nice meal.
LOKL is open on Mondays through Saturdays from 7:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
Location: 30 Jalan Tun H.S. Lee, 50000 Kuala Lumpur T: +603 2022 1899 E: firstname.lastname@example.org