Penang, Malaysia, 1 April, 2015 – The Durian Package is back! Love it or loathe it, the durian season has started. Aficionados of the thorny fruit can make a beeline for the pungent wonder at “all you can eat” durian sessions at Shangri-La’s Rasa Sayang Resort and Spa, Penang and the adjacent Golden Sands Resort, Penang. The fruit – native to Balik Pulau, the rural heartland of Penang – is part of an accommodation offer available at the resorts from 1 June to 30 September 2015.
With the Durian Package, guests can enjoy popular varieties of durian such as the Red Prawn, Hor Lor, Kung Poh, Ang Bak and Musang King at an “all you can eat” session at either of Shangri-La’s Penang resorts.
“The quality of Penang durians are second to none and tourists have been known to fly in from Hong Kong, China and Japan just to eat Penang durians,” said Suleiman Tunku Abdul Rahman, director of communications. “This year, our chefs have the mission of sourcing for the best durians from our preferred durian supplier based in Balik Pulau. They will use their astute sense of smell and taste to select the best durians for our guests,” Suleiman added.
Golden Sands Resort, Penang
At the starting price of RM645 per room per night, guests can stay at the Superior Hillview room. Other room categories include Deluxe Seafacing room, Executive Seaview room or Executive Suite room.
- Daily breakfast buffet at Garden Café for two
- One three-course set lunch at Sigi’s Bar and Grill for two
- One complimentary durian session for two persons from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. for two persons on second day of stay
Rasa Sayang Resort and Spa, Penang
At the starting price of RM985 per room per night, guests can stay at the Deluxe Garden View room. Other room categories include Deluxe Seaview, Superior Family Seaview, Deluxe Family, Executive Family, Rasa Superior, Rasa Deluxe or Rasa Premier rooms.
- Daily breakfast buffet at Spice Market Café or Feringgi Grill for two (Feringgi Grill breakfast are for Rasa Wing guests only)
- One three-course set lunch at Spice Market Café for two
- One complimentary durian session for two persons from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on second day of stay
- Rasa Wing benefits for guests staying in Rasa Superior, Rasa Deluxe and Rasa Premier Rooms (includes daily afternoon tea, daily cocktail hour from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. and late check out at 3:00 p.m. (subject to availability)
Terms and Conditions:
- A two-night minimum stay is required
- The durian session is applicable for two people, from 3pm to 5pm., on the second day of the stay
- Effective 1 April, 2015, room are subject to 10 per cent service charge and 6 per cent Goods and Services Tax (GST) thereon
- Effective 1 June, 2014, there is a local government fee of MYR 3 per occupied room per night
- All benefits are on a per room per stay basis
- The third person surcharge at both resorts includes an extra bed, breakfast, one set lunch and one durian session
- Rasa Wing guests can enjoy daily complimentary afternoon tea and cocktails at Shangri-La’s Rasa Sayang Resort and Spa, Penang
To book the Durian Package at either of the Shangri-La resorts in Penang, please call the Reservations Department at (604) 888 8888 or e-mail reservations.RSR@shangri-la.com. or firstname.lastname@example.org.