Sheraton Petaling Jaya is a five-star 253-room hotel, the latest international chain to open Petaling Jaya (PJ). It is strategically located and has strong reputation in providing timeless quality, reliable service and fuss-free accommodation minus the fads, including stimulating food and beverage offerings. This hotel is fast becoming a property that is reckoned with not just in PJ, but the whole of Klang Valley.
1. Check into the Club Rooms on levels 27 until 30 to access the swanky Sheraton Club Lounge on level 31, which offers captivating and uninterrupted views of the surrounding Petaling Jaya neighbourhood and Kuala Lumpur skyline in the distance. The Lounge also offers free-flowing snacks and beverages throughout the day, including an exclusive breakfast buffet spread in the mornings from 6:00 a.m. until 10:30 a.m.
2. Wake up early to watch the sun enchantingly rises above mist-covered Kuala Lumpur (KL) city from level 33, then jump into the open-air infinity pool also on the same level for a refreshing dip.
3. Work out at the hotel’s 24-hour fitness centre that healthily receives ample natural daylight, especially during sunrise.
4. Use RapidKL’s light rail transit (LRT) system to explore and understand Klang Valley in a more intimate and personal way by embarking from the Asia Jaya station across the street from the hotel.
5. Indulge in an afternoon tea at Link@Sheraton Cafe by ordering the three-tiered serving platter filled with rich and flavourful snacks paired with tea or coffee.
6. Enjoy the delectable desserts served during lunch or dinner buffet in the midst of a streamlined, contemporary setting at Sheraton Petaling Jaya’s all-day dining outlet Feast on level 3.
7. Have dinner at the fine-dining outlets Miyabi (Japanese cuisine) and Yue (Cantonese cuisine) to try out signature dishes such as Miyabi’s grilled skewered spicy salmon with lemongrass and Yue’s baked cod fish topped with wasabi and Chef’s special spicy sauce, including chilled avocado pudding with citrus lemongrass sauce for dessert.
8. Unwind al fresco at Sala Bar late into the night to take in the night view of Petaling Jaya and Kuala Lumpur while imbibing your beverage of choice.
This article is included in Gaya Travel Magazine Issue 13.3. Read the magazine for free HERE.