Grenada, renowned for its natural beauty in the form of lush rainforests, exquisite beaches, and beautiful flora and fauna, has much to impress its visitors. Also known as the Spice Isle, Grenada is a popular Caribbean nation that is known as a perfect place to reside, visit, and invest.
Thus, many people seeking countries to choose for investing in the citizenship-by-investment programme prefer Grenada. As per the programme, the participants can either make an investment in one of the options laid down by the country or acquire a government-approved asset.
In exchange for this investment, the participants are entitled to Grenada citizenship and avail themselves the benefits this beautiful place offers.
If you were seeking information about the Grenada citizenship-by-investment programme, be sure to refer to consulting platforms such as the Global Residence Index.
Click here to access relevant details about investing in real estate in Grenada and obtaining citizenship: https://globalresidenceindex.com/grenada-citizenship-investment/
Guide To Grenada’s Citizenship by Programme
Let us walk through a proper guide to Grenada’s citizenship-by-investment program.
Overview of Grenada’s citizenship by investment programme
Grenada provides an opportunity for foreign investors to obtain the country’s citizenship while making a particular contribution. The application process is hassle-free and easy to comprehend.
The citizenship programme requires a minimum investment of USD150,000, and its processing time is three to four months.
Eligibility Criteria for Grenada’s Citizenship by Investment Programme
To qualify for the Grenada’s citizenship-by-investment program, you should:
- Be 18 years of age or above;
- Be ready to invest in the said investment channels set by the government;
- Have a clean criminal record and should qualify through the criminal background check;
- Be able to offer a medical certificate for good health;
- Be able to portray financial abilities to make investments in the country;
- Be able to commit to possessing the citizenship for a particular period of time;
- Be able to comply with all laws and regulations.
Eligible Investments Options
The Grenada government gives two investment platforms to foreign investors for participating in the residency programme.
National Transformation Fund or NTF
The National Transformation Fund is a government initiative that makes it possible for foreign investors to make a contribution towards the country’s development. This contribution is non-refundable and is used for the growth of sectors such as education, infrastructure, tourism, healthcare, etc.
The minimum investment needed in NTF is USD150,000 for an individual and USD200,000 for a family of four members. In addition to the contribution, the investors also need to pay a diligence fee, which differs for each person and category.
People interested in participating in Grenada’s citizenship-by-investment program can also invest in real estate. The investors can either purchase a property worth USD350,000 or buy shares of the real estate projects for about USD220,000. The real estate projects include villas, resorts, and hotels. Whatever the project, it should be approved by the government of Grenada. Foreign investors are allowed to resell the property after a period of five years.
What Steps Do You Need to Fulfil To Get Through the Grenada Citizenship-by-investment Programme?
Here are the steps needed to qualify for the Grenada citizenship-by-investment programme:
- Select a relevant investment option as specified by the government;
- Fill in all the required details in the application forms;
- Submit your application forms;
- Get them approved by the approval agencies, which is Grenada citizenship by investment committee;
- Make the said investment;
- When the application gets approved, you can obtain Grenada citizenship.
Eligibility of Family Members To Be Included in the Process
Here are the family members who can be included in the Grenada citizenship programme:
- The investor’s spouse;
- Children who are below the age of 18;
- Children who are more than the age of 18 years who are physically or mentally challenged;
- Children who are between the age group of 18 and 29 and are supported by the spouse or the investor;
- Dependant parents or grandparents;
- Unmarried siblings of the applicant or the spouse who is either more than 18 years of age and is unmarried or has no offspring.
Documents Required To Be Attached With the Application
Here are the documents which need to be attached to the application form:
- Original birth record or certified copy of birth records;
- Certified coloured copies of passports;
- Passport size photographs;
- Marriage certificate or divorce certificates;
- National ID;
- Social Security coloured copies;
- Affidavit from dependants for support;
- Education certificates;
- Permanent residential proof or ID.
Benefits of Acquiring Grenada Citizenship-by-Investment
Here are the benefits of acquiring Grenada citizenship-by-investment:
- Getting access to E2 visa in the United States;
- Getting access to the high-class education and healthcare in Grenada;
- Family inclusion;
- Getting visa-free access to both Russia and China;
- A favourable tax system;
- Safe political and geographical settings.
Grenada, a beautiful Caribbean country, has much to offer when it comes to the benefits of obtaining the citizenship-by-investment programme. However, applicants need to fulfil all requirements laid down by the government of Grenada. To get the needed assistance and to understand the process completely, you can always seek help from citizenship consulting firms like the Global Residence Index, which possess a team of experts with all the relevant experience and knowledge in the field to ensure that their clients succeed in the process. Happy making investments!