1. Food Exchange
Like its’ name, Food Exchange, food from all over the world is being exchanged at one location with their wide spread of International Buffet selection. It is the perfect place to feast on the fresh range of seafood on ice and try out numerous local delights all at the same time.
Directions: Level 2 of Novotel Singapore on Stevens
A Modern European restaurant, a late-night bar and a wine retail store, Winestone serves affordable wines and a unique range of authentic European cuisine made only from the finest and freshest ingredients. Dig into the scrumptious European delights with a glass of wine for a good dinner after an entire day of hustle and bustle.
Directions: Level 1 of Mercure Singapore on Stevens
3. Botanic Gardens
Being the first UNESCO Heritage Site in Singapore, Botanic Gardens is a definite stop when you visit Singapore. Fawn over the beautiful wildlife present amidst the wide species of flowers grown. Be sure to check out the various attractions and their opening hour prior to your visit.
- Take the complimentary shuttle bus service provided by our Hotel. Do check with our Concierge on the departure timings.
- A 10-minute Taxi ride
4. Orchard Road
Orchard Road is Singapore’s epicentre of shopping. With a range from luxury retail to world-class international cuisines, it is famous for being a shopping precinct that provides an unforgettable experience in a retail and dining paradise. Be sure to take a break and enjoy a bout of artistic immersion at the ION Art Gallery.
- Take the hotel’s complimentary shuttle service.
- Take a 5-minute bus ride on Bus 190 or Bus 972 from the bus stop right outside the hotel.
Chinatown is one of Singapore’s most cultural-rich and heritage-rich area. Soak up the bustle along a long stretch of shophouses, selling everything from silk to beautiful ornaments. Whilst there, be sure to taste the fragant traditional food fare and visit the iconic 4-storey Buddha Tooth Relic Temple.
- Take a 10-minute walk to Stevens MRT then 17-minute train ride (9 stops) from Stevens MRT to Chinatown MRT
6. Little India
Little India is Singapore’s most vibrant district. Fill your tummy with local fares, or authentic dishes from various parts of India and visit the renowned Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple . Be sure to drop by Mustafa Centre that is open 24-hours a day for a unique market style shopping experience!
- Take a 10-minute walk to Stevens MRT followed by a 5-minute train ride (2 stops) from Stevens MRT to Little India MRT
7. Kampong Glam
Kampong Glam has an eclectic blend of history, culture and trendy lifestyle scene. Bask in the heritage as you pick up traditional wares or handmade perfumes. Or, explore the colourful lanes of multi-label stores, quirky boutiques and hip bars and cafes. It will also be a great time to taste the delectable local delicacies.
- A 10-minute walk to Stevens MRT > Take a 10-minute train ride to Bugis MRT > A short 10-minute walk to Kampong Glam
- A 12-minute Taxi ride.
8. Singapore River
Sitting along Singapore River is Raffles Landing Site where Sir Stamford Raffles first stepped onto the island in 1819 and deemed the river bank deep enough to be a port. Cool down in the sweltering heat with a drink or mouth-watering cuisines at the spot that sparked the birth of modern Singapore.
- Take a 20-minute bus ride (12 stops) on Bus 190 from Novotel Mercure @ Stevens bus stop right outside the hotel.
- A 10-minute Taxi ride.
9. Joo Chiat
Joo Chiat is one of the uniquely interesting areas on the island. Explore the scenic Peranakan history displayed through rows of shophouses and colourful buildings, and dig into scrumptious Perenakan delights. During the night, pop by any of the bars and pubs lined along the streets.
- An 18-minute Taxi ride
10. Tiong Bahru
Tiong Bahru is Singapore’s first housing estate with a rich and colourful culture that eventually evolved into a unique neighbourhood. Apart from the unique balance of heritage and chic styles, Tiong Bahru Market boasts some of the best hawker stalls which serves local culinary delights.
- Take an 18-minute bus ride (12 stops) on Bus 132 from Novotel Mercure @ Stevens bus stop right outside the hotel.
- A 10-minute walk to Stevens MRT Station > Take an 8-minute train ride (4 stops) from Stevens MRT to Bugis MRT. Transfer to the East-West Line and take a 10-minute train ride (5 stops) to Tiong Bahru MRT Station.
- Take a 10-minute Taxi ride.