Alila Bangsar – which is the first flagship to be opened by the renowned Alila Hotels and Resorts in Malaysia – is a boutique hotel that dares to be different and offers refined, uncluttered chic. Sophisticated travellers who come to Kuala Lumpur and stay at this hotel are bound to be smitten by Alila Bangsar’s quiet elegance, discreet finesse and unpretentiousness. It is a haven for lovers of minimalism, wabi-sabi and Zen-inspired aesthetics, through its clean lines, spaciousness and utilisation of materials that age well.
The following are the reasons why we love Alila Bangsar:
- The hotel is situated in Bangsar, a colourful area full of character and remarkably accessible via public and private transport. As a matter of fact, guests can conveniently walk up to the RapidKL light rail transit (LRT) station connected to Alila Bangsar via a link bridge to reach the city’s transport hub, KL Sentral, or other popular landmarks, attractions and neighbourhoods.
- The property is designed to become an urban sanctuary that shelters and protects guests from the cacophony and humdrum of urbanity. Those who feel their senses are constantly being assaulted will find Alila Bangsar’s interiors palliative: neutral, muted, earthen and soothing tones are employed throughout the hotel to evoke tranquillity and encourage guests to return to their centre. Its public areas are designed with triple-height ceiling that let in more natural light to brighten up the interiors and uplift guests’ mood. Many corners inside the hotel invite guests to contemplate and meditate, which guests may find therapeutic.
Alila Bangsar Lobby on Level 41
- As guests step out of the elevator on the floor where their rooms are located, they will be greeted by a cosy space called ‘Alila Living Room’ where they can treat it like their own living room complete with local titbits and free-flowing refreshments like coffee, juices and drinking water throughout the day. Gregarious guests could also use the space to socialise and make new friends.
Alila Living Room at Alila Bangsar
- Since Alila Bangsar is big on sustainability, guests will find bathing amenities like shampoo, conditioner and bath gel all contained in refillable containers with pump dispensers to eliminate the usage of single use plastic bottles that need to be discarded once their contents are finished. The customary drinking water provided in the rooms are filled in bottles made from glass instead of plastic to conscientiously reduce waste. The hotel also implements IPTV technology for guests to obtain information regarding the hotel and ordering room service simply from their in-room television to limit the use of paper.
- The avant-garde French restaurant Entier – helmed by Chef Masashi Hirouchi, who was the Chef at the two Michelin-starred L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon in London for five years – serves fulfilling breakfast spread and casual yet polished dining for lunch and dinner. Diners should try signature dishes like pan-seared Sawara Fish (mackerel) fillet and whole Maine lobster. Another restaurant worth trying is Botanica + Co on ground level that serves international and Asian fare in generous portions.