Enjoy special discounts for flights and hotel stays this Chinese New Year with Traveloka’s ‘Book while it’s Huat!’ campaign.
KUALA LUMPUR – Malaysia, a country steeped in rich cultural diversity is close to welcoming 2019 with a big and prosperous bang this Chinese New Year (CNY). During this time, all locals and visitors will have the perfect opportunity to travel and explore new (and historical!) sights of the culturally-blessed nation.
With CNY falling right smack in the middle of the week this year, it is no secret that many are reveling in the opportunity to take the entire week off to bask in the vibrant “hu-atmosphere” whether it may be in the city, the outskirts, or a casual staycation.
Have yet to sort your CNY vacay? Fret not, here are some quick destinations and attractions you could consider for the year of the Boar!
During this time of celebration, the city sleeps as many flock to their hometowns across the country, making it a great time to visit attractions that once would be too crowded for a visit.
- The PETRONAS Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur will offer you a 360-degree view of the vast cityscape of Kuala Lumpur from its renowned observation deck.
- After a visit of the iconic towers, make your way over to Aquaria KLCC and discover the fascinating aquatic life as you immerse yourself in a true blue (pun intended) aquatic experience like no other.
- For a little wet and wild session, head over to Sunway Lagoon for the ultimate theme park experience with over 80 attractions sprawled across 88 acres of thrilling adventures for both adults and children alike!
THE PEARL OF THE ORIENT: PENANG
Boasting marvelous colonial architecture, amazing local delicacies, and so much more – Penang is one of Malaysia’s highly traveled destinations.
- A visit to the iconic Kek Lok Si temple is a sight not-to-be-missed as it will be alit with merriment and celebration.
- Take a walk down memory lane as you marvel at the astounding Pinang Peranakan Mansion and Armenian Street located in UNESCO World Heritage Site, Georgetown.
- Various interactive museums such as Penang 3D Trick Art Museum and Made in Penang Interactive Museum await your curious minds to be tricked and challenged with a variety of its exhibits.
- Not to forget – food: explore the Chulia Street Night Hawker Stalls for its well-known culinary delights of Penang.
SOUTHERN EMPIRES: MALACCA & JOHOR BAHRU
Looking for an easy weekend getaway instead? Malacca and Johor Bahru also offer a list of attractive sites where revered dynasties once ruled the empire. Today, it is a land where modernity meets history.
- Check out Malacca’s numerous museums built to preserve legacies such as the Aborigines Museum, the Baba Nyonya Museum, and many more.
- Be amazed by the one-of-a-kind performing arts theatre, The Encore Melaka Impression Series that will whisk you on an immersive and memorable cultural performance.
- LEGOLAND, Malaysia’s first international theme park located in Johor Bahru, is one to check off your bucket list with over 70 rides, slides, shows and attractions.
To make travel aspirations possible, Traveloka, one of the region’s leading technology company with various travel services in one platform is offering a slew of attractive deals via its “Attraction & Activities” feature on its booking platform which include must-grab discounts for numerous attractions available across Southeast Asia.
Additionally, in the spirit of prospering together, Traveloka’s ‘Book while it’s Huat!’ campaign is offering attractive travel deals this Chinese New Year holiday with up to 65% off hotel stays and up to RM80 off flights. Some of the most popular domestic hotel and flight destinations during the festive period are Kuala Lumpur, Melaka, Johor Bahru, Kuantan, Kota Kinabalu, Penang and Kuching.
“Chinese New Year is a time when families get together. We strive to enrich lives by empowering people to discover the world around them, and we believe that this is an opportune time to enable families to do so by offering various and flexible promotions through our ‘Book while it’s Huat’ campaign,” said Halif Hamzah, Traveloka Country Manager for Malaysia and Singapore.
Short but sweet, the booking period will come to an end on February 6, however, the travel period is kept open, so those planning a trip to any of the destinations can book now and travel later. This promotion also applies to hotels in other Southeast Asian countries such as the Philippines, Vietnam, Singapore, and Thailand. Bookings can be done across all of Traveloka’s interfaces including the Traveloka App, website and mobile website.
For further information and updated promotions, visit https://www.traveloka.com/en-my or https://www.facebook.com/pg/TravelokaMY
**Terms and conditions apply.