Shangri-La Hotel, Kuala Lumpur is a multiple award-winning, family-friendly staycation destination that weary urbanites seek due to its high service standards delivered by highly attentive staff, memorable dining, well maintained rooms and reliable facilities!
Though Shangri-La Hotel, Kuala Lumpur has been opened since 20 April 1985, this 662-room property has been evolving with the times and continues to remain as one of the preferred places to stay in the city, especially among the more matured, established and discerning set, because of its long-standing service culture and top-notch offerings.
So, what makes Shangri-La Hotel, Kuala Lumpur the ideal staycation choice?
- The hotel is just five minutes’ walk to the Petronas Twin Towers and a 10-minute walk to major shopping districts.
- The hotel’s public spaces are immaculately maintained, replete with Malaysian-inspired motifs and elements like the resplendent songket (woven fabric using gold and/or silver thread) that is incorporated onto the staff uniform to give.
- The check-in process is quick and hassle free, so does getting to the room because the hotel has eight speedy elevators that have no problem servicing all in-house guests efficiently even when the hotel is full.
- Most of the hotel’s rooms (40 metres squared on average) are embellished with warm and soothing shades of red, orange, gold, and walnut brown. On top of the modern conveniences, each room on Horizon Club floor and suite comes with a Nespresso machine. The sound from the television in each room is piped into the bathroom with adjustable volume, just in case guests do not want to miss anything that is currently being aired.
- The hotel’s non-smoking Horizon Club Lounge on level 1 is one of the best club lounges in the city with cushy ambience, free-flowing drinks and snacks, designed as a great place to unwind for hours on end, likened to a sumptuous yet homely living room. The place is staffed by enthusiastic employees who never fail to cheerfully greet guests like old friends, remember their names and make them feel at home.
- Dining at the Horizon Club Lounge is exceptional because it lays out an impressive breakfast spread. On top of the ordinary egg-based dishes, gourmands should try the lounge’s signature omelette rendang (three-egg omelette filled with beef rendang) and Nyonya laksa (noodles served with prawn dumpling and boiled eggs, all immersed in gratifyingly thick coconut curry broth). Same goes during afternoon tea spread – served between 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. – that includes lip-smacking delicacies, including satay.
- Families are welcome at the Horizon Club Lounge, but they need to control their children’s behaviour if they want to occupy the chairs, sofas and tables at the main area. Alternatively, families can opt for the lounge’s family room equipped with high chairs and television that switches on to cartoon channels as a way to keep children entertained.
- The hotel’s all-day dining outlet, Lemon Garden, is popular for its Seafood Dinner Buffet on Friday and Saturday nights, whereby guests are spoilt for choice with the type of scrumptious seafood and seafood-based dishes served at the buffet. Lemon Garden is also busy during breakfast due to its jaw-dropping array that leaves guests amazed and sated.