Getting a Malaysian passport requires submitting passport photos that meet specific size and formatting requirements. While passport photos can be taken at photo studios, getting them online is often more convenient and affordable. Here is a guide on how to get Malaysia passport size photos online:
Choose an Online Passport Photo Service
There are many online services that allow you to upload a personal photo and have it formatted to official passport photo specifications. When choosing a service, look for the ones that specifically offer Malaysian passport photo formatting. Some good options include:
AiPassportPhotos – This service allows you to upload photos for instant formatting to Malaysian passport standards. They also provide Useful guides on photo requirements.
Malaysian ePassport Photo – A Malaysian company offering online passport photos formatted to government standards with quick delivery.
Provide a Suitable Photo
The online service will provide photo guidelines, but here are the basic requirements for a Malaysian passport photo:
- The photo should be in colour, taken within the last six months on a white background.
- The image should include your head and the top of your shoulders. Hair and ears must be visible.
- Facial expression should be neutral with the mouth closed. Avoid smiling or other facial expressions.
- Glasses are allowed but must not obscure eyes. Dark glasses or tinted lenses are not acceptable.
- Use a high quality image, ideally at least 600×600 pixels. Most smartphones today can capture suitable passport photo images.
- The photo must be of the applicant only with no other persons visible.
Follow Upload and Formatting Instructions
Each online passport photo service will have its own instructions for uploading and formatting your photo. Follow the directions carefully to submit your chosen photo and ensure it meets all size and formatting specifications. Double check that your vvimages have been properly cropped and formatted.
Here, we will show you steps to create your Malaysia passport size photo using AiPassportPhotos.
Step 1: Upload your photo
Simply open the AiPassportPhotos website and upload your well-taken photo.
Step 2: Examine the photo
The tool will process your photo automatically once it is uploaded. After processing, you will need to examine the photo and see whether it suits your need. If not, simply reupload the photo or upload a new one to restart the process.
Step 3: Download your photo
If everything is okay, download your photo to your device. You will get a digital photo as well as a printable template. Voila! The whole process is fast, simple and convenient.
Verify Your Passport Photos
After formatting, you will be able to download your official passport photos. Download them and verify that the images meet Malaysian passport requirements:
- Dimensions should be 50mm x 35mm with head between 30mm and 36mm from the chin to the crown.
- Printed on high quality photo paper at 600 dpi resolution. Glossy finish is recommended.
- No glasses reflections or shadows on face. Eyes must be open and visible.
Carefully inspect your photos and ensure they align with government specs before submitting your passport application. Re-take photos if needed.
Submit Photos with Your Application
Once you have your correctly formatted Malaysian passport photos, you are ready to complete your passport application. Each application requires:
- Two identical hard copy photos with white background and professional finish. Paper should be photo quality glossy.
- Digital copy of photo uploaded during online application process.
Attach the printed photos to your application and bring them to your appointment at the Immigration Department. Do not forget to also upload the digital jpeg copy when applying online.
Follow Requirements for Minors Under 12
For Malaysian minors under the age of 12, passport photo requirements are slightly different:
- Photo must include head, neck and shoulders so that height of child can be estimated.
- Child can look to the side but face cannot be more than 30 degree angle. Eyes must be open.
- Expressions can be natural – children are not required to have neutral expressions.
- No parent or other person can be in the frame with the child.
Getting suitable photos of small children can be challenging. Take plenty of shots and select the best-framed photos where guidelines are followed.
Renew Photos When Renewing Passports
Malaysian passport renewal also requires new photos every 10 years for adults and every 5 years for minors under 16. Follow all photo guidelines to get new passport shots before renewing an expired passport.
Getting passport photos done right is critical for Malaysian passport applications to be processed without delays. With online photo services, you can easily and affordably get properly formatted pictures that meet government requirements from the comfort of your home. Just follow steps for uploading, formatting, verifying and submitting photos to get your Malaysian passport successfully issued.