Opened since 1993, the all-villa Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay is a global standard bearer for tropical luxury. This exclusive resort, with its dreamy village-like atmosphere set on a hilly sea-side terrain, is supported by highly experienced and competent staff who deliver exceptional service in a genuinely heartfelt manner. It epitomises sophisticated sumptuousness backed up by top-notch hospitality. As guests enter the resort, they could sense that they become calmer and feel that their worldly problems are thousands of miles away.
All of the resort’s 147 villas are protected by high walls that allude to traditional Balinese dwellings. Each of them contains an incredible sense of space, including a plunge pool and a swim-up bale that faces the ocean and direction of sunset. Besides the villas’ subtle opulence, guests also love the oversized ceramic bathtub that could simply fit two persons simultaneously.
Read on to find out the nine things that travellers should at least do when they stay at this world-class resort.
1. Check out the temperature-controlled desserts room at the resort’s all-day dining restaurant called Taman Wantilan during breakfast or at any other meal times to find out what desserts are being offered (different types of desserts served during different meal times).
2. Follow the invigorating Hatha yoga session at the Yoga Pavilion to enhance flexibility and maintain long-term health.
3. Indulge in Bali’s longest brunch at Sundara every Sunday (11:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., last order at 4:30 p.m.) in the form of unlimited all-you-can-eat free-flowing tapas served a la carte. Sundara’s sexy, almost Mediterranean chill vibe and the atmosphere is a unique, take-it-easy-amidst-luxe experience that surely appeals to discerning travellers. Due to Sundara’s popularity, especially on Sundays, do reserve your seats first by calling +62 361 708 333.
4. Try your hand at cooking Balinese dishes at the state-of-the-art Jimbaran Bay Cooking Academy by following the eye-opening and remarkably educational four-hour cooking class taught by Chef Kristya Yudha, who will take you to the Jimbaran fish market and then teach you the proper cooking techniques that you can apply back at home.
5. Return to Jimbaran Bay Cooking Academy in the evening when it has transformed into Jala Restaurant to savour authentic Balinese dishes made from scratch using fresh ingredients. Due to Jala Restaurant’s limited seats and increasing popularity, guests need to place their reservation through the resort’s concierge.
6. Simply take in Four Seasons Resort at Jimbaran Bay’s serenity and tranquillity by walking around the resort as often as possible when the weather permits.
7. Laze by the 2.6-metre deep infinity edge pool or the family- and children-friendly plunge pool below that comes with an inviting waterfall.
8. Take a day-trip to the award-winning Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan to immerse yourself in a different environment that is lush and revitalising. If possible, opt for the package offered via HERE that allows guests to stay at both properties for a wholesome Balinese experience.
9. Join in a complimentary excursion to the Sila Giri Kesarah temple to understand the Balinese-Hindu faith or treat yourself to a transformative and pampering session at Healing Village Spa.
Visit www.fourseasons.com/jimbaranbay/ to learn more about Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay.