Hong Kong, 1 November 2016 – The Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group announces the latest holiday-themed events and promotions from its properties in Paris and Geneva.
Enjoy the Festive Season at Mandarin Oriental, Paris
Mandarin Oriental, Paris, awarded ‘Best Hotel in Paris’ by Condé Nast Traveler’s Readers’ Choice 2016, will celebrate Christmas and New Year with special tasting menus, Yule log, pop-up bar and store, and its own Christmas Market. To set the festive scene, florist Baptiste Pitou will decorate the hotel entrance, lobby and courtyard with spectacular Christmas displays.
To enjoy all Mandarin Oriental, Paris has to offer during the winter holidays, guests can book its One More Night Offer, which includes a complimentary third night’s stay. Available from now to 29 March 2017, rates start from EUR 925 in a Deluxe room.
Mandarin Oriental, Paris will celebrate Christmas from early December as follows:
- Thierry Marx will reinterpret traditional festive cuisine with a seven-course tasting menu at Camélia. Dishes will include a ‘Hen pheasant and wild mushrooms’, ‘Scallops, chestnuts and white truffles’ and a ‘Farmer’s turkey stuffed with truffle in a salted Brioche’. Available for dinner on 24 and 25 December, the Christmas Menu is priced EUR 300, and includes a glass of Champagne.
- Christmas brunch with glass of Champagne on 25 December, priced EUR 168.
- Winter Tea Time at Camélia and Bar 8 daily from 3 December to 3 January, priced at EUR 38.
- Pastry Chef, David Landriot’s Yule Log, made from chocolate, pepper cream, banana bread, whipped coco cream, mango puree, banana and lime, will be available at the Cake Shop from 12 to 25 December, priced EUR 78.
Mandarin Oriental, Paris will offer a chic, glamorous Parisian New Year’s Eve:
- Chef Thierry Marx has planned a culinary extravaganza at Sur Mesure, which has been awarded 5 toques in the 2017 Gault&Millau guide, having scored 19 out of 20 points. A nine-course menu will include ‘Shellfish mousse, imperial caviar foam’, ‘Lobster, Miso, Black tempura’ and ‘Orange soufflé and Bourbon vanilla’. David Biraud, World Vice-Champion sommelier will recommend wine pairings to complement Chef Marx’s innovative cuisine. Available for dinner on 31 December, the New Year’s Eve menu is priced EUR 750, excluding drinks.
- Thierry Marx has created a six-course tasting menu for Camélia showcasing seasonal “star products” such as ‘Foie Gras, caramelized Granny Smith’ and ‘Wellington beef fillet with truffles and soft potatoes’. Music from a live band will add to Camélia’s celebratory atmosphere. Available on 31 December, Camélia’s New Year’s Eve menu is priced EUR 450, and includes a glass of Champagne.
- ‘New Year’s brunch’ with Champagne at Camélia on 1 January, priced EUR 198.
For room reservations please visit www.mandarinoriental.com/paris, contact the reservations office on +33 (01 70 98 73 33 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For restaurant reservations please contact Camélia at +33 (0)1 70 98 74 00 or Sur Mesure par Thierry Marx at +33 (0)1 70 98 73 00, or email email@example.com.
Mandarin Oriental, Geneva’s Pop-Up Chalet-Style Restaurant Returns
Mandarin Oriental, Geneva is opening its highly successful pop-up restaurant, Le Chalet by Mandarin Oriental, for a second season. Located within the hotel’s Café Calla restaurant, the specially designed, wooden chalet-style pop-up will serve authentic Swiss cuisine in a warm and friendly atmosphere from 14 November 2016 to 10 March 2017. Café Calla’s first chalet pop-up opened in winter 2015/16.
Cosy and inviting, the chalet will be a mountain-style winter retreat in the heart of city. A la carte specialties will include carefully selected delights from the local countryside, including Alpine cheeses, air-dried Grisons meat, rösti, Gruyère and Vacherin fondue, Zurich-style veal, and Meringue with Gruyère cream. Three-course menus priced from CHF 59 will be available too, along with a selection of local beers and regional wines.
With richly decorated wooden interiors and waiters dressed in traditional Swiss outfits, the chalet will be the perfect venue for unforgettable Christmas parties and other year-end events.
Le Chalet will be open for lunch and dinner from Monday to Saturday, 12pm-2pm + 7pm-10pm. Reservations recommended: Please contact our dedicated team by phone at +41 (22) 909 00 00 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.