China is one among the fastest growing economies. The culture, as well as the history of China, is incredibly attractive as well as unique. Read on to learn about some important aspects when traveling to China!
Top facts to know about traveling to China
- China comes in third place in terms of land area after Russia and Canada. Though the country has the highest population in the world, it is less expensive compared to most Western countries. Travelers in China can easily afford expensive accommodations in Beijing or Shanghai – they are mainly affordable by Western standards, having spacious rooms and modern facilities. It is convenient to travel across the country and transport costs are low.
- When traveling to Beijing or other parts of China, one should download VPN before going since Twitter, Google, and Facebook are not accessible in China.
- According to many travelers, China is mainly safe for everybody, including independent travelers. Chinese people are generally courteous to foreign visitors. Sometimes, you might be amazed at the extent they take to help you out. For single travelers, it is necessary to use common sense all the time to avoid falling for any scam.
- The Chinese government takes public health seriously. Nowadays, it is habitual for Chinese people to wash their hands regularly. Liquid soap is available in the restrooms of restaurants or tourist attractions. At the time of choosing a restaurant, it is necessary to look at restaurants that display food hygiene ratings at their premises. It is necessary to choose the one which has got a rating of at least “C”. Street food is not so dangerous in China. But it is best to avoid uncooked food at the street stalls.
- In China, foreigners require guides when moving around. Recently, English is taught in Chinese primary school. But English is rarely spoken in China. It can be quite annoying if someone is trying to order something to eat or inform the doctor about any ailment. With the help of a guide, the visitor will not get bored when visiting monuments that display informational scripts. Mandarin is the main official language of China.
- There are hospitals dedicated for visitors that can be found in well-developed cities such as Beijing, Guangzhou, and Shanghai. It is necessary for the visitor to have someone who can speak both English and Chinese when meeting the doctor in smaller cities. China has a well-developed healthcare facility.
- The people in China believes that drinking hot water is best for the stomach. This is the reason why hot tea is popular.
- In the case of Western restaurants, the diners wait for the waiter or waitress to come to them to take orders. But in China, people mainly signal or call for the waiter to bring a menu or bring the bill.
- The local people of China don’t drink tap water. The tap water in China contains alarming levels of impurity and metal particles.
Important facts about the Chinese visa
When traveling to China, it is necessary to get a Chinese visa from here. The cost of this visa depends on nationality, the entry requirements, and the place where the visitor is heading to. There are different types of visas that are available. It can be confusing to decide which one suits your purpose of traveling to China.
The important documents needed for applying for visa are as below:
- The visa applicant must have an original passport that has the validity of at least six months before applying the visa. The passport must have at least two blank pages.
- You need both black and white photocopy of the passport along with the photo. Your passport size color photo must have a light background.
- Those who are applying for a Chinese visa outside the country of their citizenship, they need to show proof of their legal status in China.
- The application form for the Chinese visa must be completely filled. The same must be printed and signed.
Visit here for more info.